People needed for a Research Study
UC Davis Nutrition Researchers are conducting a study that examines how the daily intake of cocoa flavanols modulates arterial stiffness.
To qualify for this study volunteers need to be:
- 25-65 years old
- Not on medications or supplements (multi-vitamin OK)
Participants will be asked to:
- Participate in 1 brief visit to pick up at home devices, and five 1-2 hour visits in a period of up to 10 weeks
- Consume a cocoa flavanol or control product daily for 5-10 weeks
- Undergo non-invasive arterial stiffness determinations by collecting pulse signals at your neck, wrist and leg
- Use an at home scale, blood pressure monitor, and activity tracker daily
- Provide blood samples
Participants will receive:
- $105 in compensation per visit and copies of laboratory results
- Ragle Human Nutrition Research Center, Academic Surge, UC Davis
For more information: call (530) 754-8360 or use the online form to contact a study coordinator.